Feedback and Coaching Skills for Apprenticeship Mentors
The role of the Apprenticeship Workplace Mentor is crucial to the success of the apprentice. This course is designed to provide a broad range of tools to support you in your role as an apprenticeship mentor.
The one-day workshop will provide current and potential Apprenticeship Mentors with an overview of their roles and responsibilities as a mentor, whilst developing the key feedback and coaching skills required to successfully mentor their apprentices.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This is a one day course and has flexible start dates throughout the year.
Separate course dates can be set for employer groups if required.
This course is delivered at our Town Centre Campus, Water Street, St Helens, WA10 1PP. We can also deliver this course at an employer site, if required.
What will I study?
Joining other apprenticeship mentors on the workshop - you will develop your knowledge and skills on how to mentor, provide feedback and coach workplace apprentices.
Throughout the day you will be introduced to a variety of new models, top tips to implement back in the workplace, key learnings from other delegates and opportunities to practice the key skills of feedback and coaching to support your apprentice.
By the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Articulate what apprenticeship mentoring is and how important it is to the support and development of apprentices
- Understand the key differences between feedback and coaching and when to use each skill
- Learn how to give effective feedback to apprentices using feedback models
- Understand coaching models and how to use them for behavioural and skills development of apprentices
- Practise your coaching and feedback skills with live apprenticeship issues
- Understand how the Apprentice / Mentor / Training Provider relationship works
How is it assessed?
There is no formal assessment as part of this course.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
You do not need any formal qualifications to complete this course.
What are the course fees?
The cost of the course is £150 per delegate. Group discounts are available for multiple bookings.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
Upon completion of this course, you could choose to progress onto a coaching and mentoring course through St Helens College.