Full NEBOSH National General Certificate (Evening)
The NEBOSH National General Certificate has been designed for managers, supervisors, employee representatives and others who require a basic knowledge and understanding of occupational health and safety, so that they can fulfill their workplace responsibilities. It is also suitable for those who wish to progress into health and safety as a career.
This evening course takes 30 weeks to complete. You will attend College for one evening per week from 5.30pm - 8.30pm.
- The course leads to the standard nationally examined qualification in health and safety, and covers the following topics outlined in the NEBOSH syllabus:
- Management of health and safety at work;
- Risk assessment;
- Legal requirements for health and safety;
- Safety hazards and controls for machinery and equipment, fire, electricity, construction, transport and handling;
- Health hazards and controls for chemicals, physical and psychological hazards and controls.
The approach is practical rather than theoretical, and where possible is directly related to the work experience of course participants.
There are three formal, externally marked exams:-
- Unit 1 NGC1: The Management of Safety and Health.
- Unit 2 NGC2: Controlling Workplace Hazards.
- Unit 3 NGC3: Practical Inspection and Written Report.
Candidates should possess basic numeracy and reasonable literacy and report-writing skills, normally at least to level 2. Extra support is offered in exam technique and study skills.
The course cost includes the workbook and exam fee.
Successful students may progress to the NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma in Health and Safety, a Degree, or NVQ Level 4/5 in Occupational Safety and Health.