Full NEBOSH National General Certificate Occupational Safety and Health - Level 3
The National General Certificate has been designed for managers, supervisors, employee representatives and others who require a basic knowledge and understanding of occupational health and safety, so that they can fulfil their workplace responsibilities. It is also suitable for those who wish to progress into health and safety as a career.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This course has various start dates.
You can choose to study this course via two methods. You can study this course during the day by attending College for one day per week from 9.00am - 4.00pm for 15 weeks. We also have an evening study option where you will attend College for one evening per week from 6.00pm - 9.00pm for 30 weeks.
What will I study?
The course leads to the standard nationally examined qualification in health and safety, and covers the following topics outlined in the NEBOSH syllabus:
- Management of health and safety at work.
- Risk assessment.
- Legal requirements for health and safety.
- Safety hazards and controls for machinery and equipment, fire, electricity, construction, transport and handling.
- Health hazards and controls for chemicals, physical and psychological hazards and controls.
- The approach is practical rather than theoretical, and where possible is directly related to the work experience of course participants.
Please note: The NEBOSH General Certificate can be completed in full or by studying individual units (NGC1 and NGC2 and 3). If you would like to complete this course via individual units:
- NEBOSH General Certificate (NGC1)
- NEBOSH General Certificate (NGC2 and NGC3)
How is it assessed?
There are three formal externally marked exams:
- Unit 1 NGC1 The Management of Safety and Health.
- Unit 2 NGC2 Controlling Workplace Hazards.
- Unit 3 NGC3 Practical Inspection and Written Report.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
You should possess basic numeracy and reasonable literacy and report-writing skills, normally at least to level 2. Extra support is offered in exam technique and study skills.
What are the course fees?
The total cost of this course is £1,400. The cost also includes the workbook and exam fee.
There are a number of payment options including an interest-free payment plan with a monthly direct debit payment.
If your company are willing to fund your course, we can help you to arrange this.
What can I go on to do after I have completed this course?
Upon completion of this course, you could choose to progress onto the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or further higher level health and safety qualifications.
If you would like any further information in relation to this course, please contact our enquiries team directly on 0800 99 66 99 or email firstname.lastname@example.org