IMI Level 2 Award in MOT Testing (Class 4 & 7)
This course is for individuals who want, or need to become MOT testers in light vehicles to enhance their career.
This course has been primarily developed for those individuals who wish to enhance their career by qualifying as an MOT Tester. Achievement of this qualification enables them to apply to undertake the DVSA final observed assessment in order to achieve their Certificate of Competence (CoC), enabling them to become Nominated Tester.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This course has various start dates throughout the year and takes five days to complete.
What will I study?
The content of this qualification has been designed to reflect the contents of the National Occupational Standards for MOT Testers.
The content of this course includes:
- Working safely within a vehicle test centre
- Communicating with colleagues and customers
- How to manage and maintain their CPD
- Carrying out pre-test checks
- Carrying out an MOT test.
How is it assessed?
You will be assessed through a practical skills assessment and an externally marked online exam under invigilation.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
To be eligible to undertake a qualification in order to become an MOT Tester, you must,
- Have a current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes they want to test
- Be a skilled mechanic with at least 4 years full-time employment in the service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested (Apprentices who have been employed for 4 years are eligible)
- Have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT testing scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation
- Be of good repute
- Must be able to read and speak English
What are the course fees?
The total cost of this course is £750
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
Achievement of an MOT Tester qualification allows you to apply to undertake the DVSA final observed assessment in order to achieve their Certificate of Competence (CoC), therefore enabling you to become a nominated tester (NT).