Microsoft Excel Level 3 - Advanced/Expert
Microsoft Excel level 3 (Advanced/Expert) - advanced features, functions and formulae applied to meet user needs, validation, macros, scenarios, what-if analysis, etc. - for competent and confident users looking to enhance productivity and efficiency.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This course has various start dates throughout the year.
What will I study?
The below is just a 'flavour' of the content - as we will tailor the course to meet your individual requirements.
Focusing on 5 key themes:
- Presenting Data Visually
- Customising charts, using sparklines, creating and using chart templates, using trendlines, using custom cell formats, using tables, using dynamic charts
- Sharing and Protecting Workbooks
- Working with templates
- Using XML, workgroup functions, protecting your workbook
- Formulas and Functions
- Using the correct syntax for functions, using maths and trigonometric functions, statistical functions, working with financial functions, logical functions, date and time functions, text functions, information functions, converting data types, using advanced functions, auditing a worksheet
- Data Analysis
- What-If Analysis, using the Goal Seeker Tool, using the solver, using a data table, working with scenarios, analysis toolpack, using array formulas, outlining, advanced filtering, using pivot tables, using the data slicer with a pivot table, using slicers on external data connections, using cube functions
- Developer Tab and Advanced Options
- Macros, adding form controls, data validation, using pick lists, circling invalid data, removing duplicate rows, setting advanced excel options
What are the course fees?
Course cost: £199.
Typical Itinerary of the day:
Start time - 13.30: Arrival at St Helens College Main Reception. Candidates will be collected and escorted to training room.
Session will consist of: Approx. 5 hours of tutor led/supported delivery. Registration, enrolment then session overview followed by tutor facilitated delivery/instruction/support/exercises. This will be a practical hands-on session pitched at the level of the candidates. Break times negotiable.